Organise An Event
Big or small, for many or for few, silly or serious; there are endless possibilities when it comes to organising your own event.
To discuss your fundraising ideas please contact the fundraising team on 01276 604642 or via email@example.com . We want to know all about what you are doing and may be able to offer some helpful advice.
You can also stay in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter.
There are so many ways that you can raise money for your local hospital! Please find below a list of small, medium and large events that you can run in order to raise valuable funds for your chosen ward or department. Download this list as a PDF.
- Coffee morning – Invite your friends and/or colleagues and add some cakes!
- Cake sales – Make all sorts of sweet treats – you could ask people to contribute cakes, have a theme, invite in ‘celebrity judges’….
- Guess the weight – Make a large cake or fill a jar with sweets and ask people to pay to guess the weight.
- Organise a sweepstake – Choose popular themes like ‘who will win X Factor’ or a big sporting event.
- Face painting – Themed face painting always goes down well.
- Fine box – Fine colleagues at work for swearing or turning up late!
- Quiz nights – Organise your own quiz night at work, school or club and charge each team to enter. Give a prize to the team that wins and donate the entry fees.
- Donations in lieu – Instead of sending Christmas cards suggest people donate to charity. If you cannot think of anything you want for your birthday you could ask for donations instead.
- Organise a money snake – Mark out a long wiggly line of 12 metres long and ask people to donate their £1.00 coins to complete the money snake. When it is finished you will have raised £533!
- Spot the baby competition – Collect old baby photos of people and enjoy seeing them turn red while people try to identify them! Charge people to see the photos and guess. Maybe offer a small prize for those who guess more than two correctly.
- Domestic chores day – Ask your boss or teacher if they will agree to take on some light domestic chores for a day and you pay them to do it. They then agree to donate the proceeds (polishing shoes and ironing go down well!).
- Lunch or tea parties – Organise these with friends and/or colleagues and spread the word over lunch, coffee or tea. You can make a small charge for attending while having fun.
- Tombola stalls – Small prizes won by drawing raffle tickets from a box.
- Murder mystery party – get your friends together for a fun evening and raise money at the same time.
- Dress down/mufti day
- Health week – Give up the treats and snacks (even coffee!) you normally have whilst at work or school and donate the money you have saved.
- Fancy dress day or fancy dress party – With either a theme (eg James Bond) or a colour
- Car wash – Get together with friends/colleagues to clean the cars in your car park at work, school or in your neighbourhood. Charge a fee and clean up!
- Walking club – If you can get a group of people together who want to be healthier and donate then a walking club is a great combo. Organise short regular walks with different routes, charge a walking fee and chat about the charity!
- Wine tasting
- Charity Fair – Charge stall holders a basic stall fee and a percentage of takings.
- Darts, pool or board game challenge – If you are a member of a group or association then get them involved and you could turn your idea into a really big event!
- Hold a bingo night, race night or a gardeners’ question time
- Treasure hunt
- Skills demonstration – Cookery, flower arranging, woodwork… whatever you like.
- Hold a ball or dinner dance with an auction – Spring, Summer, Halloween, Christmas or any season or reason! The event can include a meal, auction, raffle or tombola.
- Hold a Disco, Barn Dance, BBQ, Karaoke or Seventies night
- Hold a golf day – Encourage your company, organisation to host a golf day in aid of the charity.
- Hold a concert – Get your local choir, band or dance troop involved and donate the proceeds.
- Fashion Show – Put on a fashion show to wow your friends. Perhaps re-style your old wardrobe and show what can be done with old items of clothing. A creative way to recycle and re use.
- Five-A-Side Footie – Try playing in fancy dress!
- Charity of the Year – Ask your company, college, or organisation to choose us as their chosen charity for the next year and to match fund your own fundraising efforts.
Our event ideas will get you started and then we have lots more advice to help you navigate your way through the whole process from conception through to execution of your event.