Support Wexham Park Hospital and discover your inner elf!
Join us for our inaugural Film Wexham event at Pinewood Studios cinema. This is a fundraising event for Wexham Park Hospital with all proceeds going towards the Children’s Critical Care Appeal.
To kick off the Christmas season and get you in festive spirits we will be showing the fantastic family favourite movie Elf, the story about one of Santa’s elves who learns of his true identity as a human and goes to New York City to meet his biological father, spreading Christmas cheer in a world of cynics as he goes
A café/bar will open from 5pm with a range of light refreshments are available and cinema treats on offer prior to the film commencing at 6pm. An auction/raffle will also be held with some fantastic prizes on offer and the opportunity to meet Santa himself!
This event is open to everyone and with capacity limited to 110 seats, we strongly advise booking early to avoid disappointment.
What payment methods are accepted?
Tickets can be purchased via the Website using Visa, Mastercard and Visa Debit.What if I make a mistake with my booking?
If you have not yet completed your booking (your booking confirmation or e-ticket has not been received) then you can close your browser window and start again. If you have already received your booking confirmation and your card payment has been processed then please contact us via the “Contact Us” section of the Website.Is there a telephone number I can call?
Yes you can contact the fundraising team on 01753 633206. If you are leaving a voicemail please include your name and telephone number in the message and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.Can I add extra seats to an existing booking?
If you require extra seats then you will need to make a new booking via the Website.Why can’t I choose my seats online?
You are booking for a show with unreserved seating, which means that you just choose where to sit when you enter the screen.Is there an option of seat selection?
Seating will be unreserved unless expressly specified during the booking process.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
You will be sent your tickets via email upon purchase confirmation.
Tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
- “Cinema” shall mean Pinewood Cinema;
- “Wexham” shall mean Wexham Park Hospital;
- “Pinewood” shall mean Pinewood Shepperton Facilities Limited;
- “Wexham Park Hospital Social Media” shall mean the parts of social media provided by third parties (such as Facebook) through which Wexham Park Hospital provides services such as information, applications, access to the Website for ticket sales and other similar activities;
- “Premises” shall mean Theatre 7, Pinewood Studios, Pinewood Road, Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, SL0 0NH;
- “Terms” shall mean these terms and conditions;
- “Website” shall mean the website at www.frimleyhealthcharity.org;
- “We/us/our” shall mean Wexham Park Hospital; and
- “You/your” shall mean any person who accesses or uses the Website.
- Pinewood Social Media are owned and operated by Pinewood (registered in England and Wales under company number 07527390 with its registered address at Pinewood Studios, Pinewood Road, Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, SL0 0NH).
Your consent to these Terms:
- Please read these Terms carefully. By accessing or using the Website, you accept these Terms. If you are reading an electronic copy of these Terms, feel free to print or save a copy for your records. To obtain more information about these Terms please contact us via the “Contact Us” section of the Website.
Amendments to these Terms:
- Wexham reserves the right to add to or amend these Terms from time to time. Amendments shall take effect when posted on the Website or Wexham Park Hospital Social Media. If you use or access the Website or Wexham Park Hospital Social Media after any amendment to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the updated version of these Terms.
Sale of Tickets:
- The Website FAQs contain details of how to place your order for a ticket, including how to correct input errors during the booking process. We advise you to read these FAQs before you proceed to place an order.
- The sale of tickets is subject to availability. Your order is an offer to purchase tickets from Wexham and we retain the discretion to refuse your order. If we accept your order, we will display a confirmation page on your screen at the end of the booking process, and at this point there will be a contract between you and Wexham. We recommend that you print out a copy of the confirmation page and/or e-mail for your records.
Ticket Price/Remote Booking Fee:
- The price of a ticket shall be displayed on the Website during the booking process (including, where available, concession tickets).
- All stated prices and fees include any applicable Value Added Tax. Please note that if a pricing error occurs, we are not under an obligation to provide the ticket(s) to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after the confirmation page has been displayed and a confirmation e-mail has been sent to you, if such a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have been reasonably recognised by you as a pricing error. Wexham reserves the right to change price and availability information without notice.
- Payment can be made by any method specified in the booking process.
- When paying by debit or credit card, your issuing bank may require additional security checks to take place. ‘Verified by Visa’ or ‘Mastercard SecureCode’ are products offered by Visa and Mastercard in conjunction with the bank that issued your card. The aim of these products is to make using your card online more secure through the use of your own private password. Wexham takes the security of your debit or credit card seriously and we want to ensure that transactions we accept are authorised by you. These products are additional safety measures to ensure that your card is not used fraudulently on the Website. Please note Wexham is unable to help you with registration or password inquiries for ‘Verified by Visa’ or ‘Mastercard SecureCode’ and any such queries should be directed to your card issuer.
Promotional Vouchers/Discount Cards/Guest Passes/Students:
- Unless otherwise stated, you cannot use any promotional vouchers or discount cards in conjunction with a ticket purchase via the Website.
Use of Tickets:
- You represent and warrant that any tickets you purchase are for personal use only and that they are not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity, unless we have expressly authorised otherwise in writing. You undertake that you will not resell or offer for resale any tickets (whether at a premium or otherwise) and/or use the tickets for advertising or promotions (including prize draws, competitions, contests and/or sweepstakes) or for any other trade purpose. If you resell or offer for resale any tickets, such tickets shall be deemed invalid and admission to the Cinema will be refused.
- It is your responsibility to check your tickets as we are under no obligation to rectify mistakes after purchase of the tickets. Unless otherwise expressly stated elsewhere on the Website or Wexham Park Hospital Social Media, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded. We are not obliged to replace lost or stolen tickets. The cancellation rights contained in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (as amended) do not apply to the sale of cinema tickets.
- We will always try to ensure that screenings take place in accordance with the advertised programme. However, we reserve the right to cancel, vary the time or substitute an alternative film if this becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond our control. If this does happen, then we will, at our discretion, refund the cost of your ticket or issue you with another ticket for the same film on an alternative occasion.
- In the unlikely event of a technical problem resulting in a screening being cancelled, then we will, at our discretion, refund the cost of your ticket or issue you with another ticket for the same film on an alternative occasion.
- It is your responsibility to check whether a screening has been cancelled or rescheduled. We will use reasonable endeavors to notify you of a cancellation or rescheduling but we do not guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation or rescheduling before the date and/or time of the screening.
- Seating shall be unreserved unless otherwise expressly specified during the booking process.
- Wexham would like everyone visiting the Cinema to enjoy their visit and would like to remind you that the issue of a cinema ticket and your subsequent access to the Cinema are subject to the following terms:
- Admission to Pinewood Studios is subject to presentation of a valid ticket for the Cinema and your agreement that you will, at all times, stay within the Premises. If you do not have a ticket upon arrival, you will not be permitted entry.
- We are required by law to refuse admission to a screening to anyone who is, in the opinion of the Cinema Manager, below or appears to be below the minimum age required by the relevant classification of the British Board of Film Classification or Local Authority. Proof of age may be required and the FAQs section of the Website provides details of the type of identification we accept.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult in order to comply with Local Authority licensing conditions
- Pinewood Studios reserves the right to refuse admission to or to require to leave the Premises (without providing a refund) anyone:
a) who may pose a risk to the safety of others;
b) who appears to be intoxicated and/or is behaving in an anti-social way. Please note that CCTV is in operation in and around the Premises for the purpose of public safety and crime prevention;
c) who is smoking on the Premises; and/or
d) who brings cameras and/or recording equipment into the Premises (and we reserve the right to conduct security searches).
- It is an offence to make a recording of a film for sale or to distribute or communicate a recording to the public in the course of business and to the prejudice of the copyright owner. Anyone making such a recording may be arrested and prosecuted.
- Please look after your belongings whilst attending the Cinema. Subject to clause 30 below, Pinewood Studio and Wexham accepts no responsibility for loss or damage howsoever caused.
- Pinewood reserves the right to refuse admission to the Cinema to anyone who arrives 10 minutes after a screening has started. Any refund granted in these circumstances shall be at the sole discretion of Wexham.
Compliance with the Studio Regulations:
- The Premises form part of Pinewood Studios which is a working film studio. Before you attend any screenings at the Cinema please read the Studio Regulations which are deemed to form part of these Terms and are incorporated into these Terms by reference.
Privacy and Security:
- When you purchase tickets via the Website you must remember that Wexham will never ask for your personal information or financial details in a public forum. If anything appears suspicious on our website then please exit your browser and report your concerns to us via the “Contact Us” section of the Website.
- Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude or limit Wexham or Pinewood’s liability for death or personal injury caused by Wexham or Pinewood’s negligence, for fraud or misrepresentation committed by Wexham or Pinewood or for any other liability which may not be excluded or limited by law.
- Subject to paragraph 30 above, Wexham and Pinewood shall not be liable to you for:
a) any special, indirect, or consequential losses incurred by you in any way. Any liability that Wexham or Pinewood has is restricted to foreseeable losses only;
b) Wexham or Pinewood is not liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of their respective obligations that are caused by events outside Wexham or Pinewood’s reasonable control;
c) where erroneous pricing information has been given to you, and the error is obvious and could reasonably have been recognised by you as erroneous, then Wexham or Pinewood shall not be obliged to supply the ticket to you at the erroneous price; and
d) Wexham or Pinewood’s total liability for all claims arising out of or in connection with the purchase of tickets via the Website or Wexham Park Hospital Social Media shall be limited to the price paid to you for those tickets.
Scope & Governing Law:
- These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between Wexham and you in relation to their subject matter. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions and warranties implied by law, statute or otherwise are expressly excluded.
- These Terms shall be governed by English law and you agree that any dispute between you and Wexham in relation to these Terms and/or your ticket shall be dealt with exclusively by the courts of England.
- If you have any complaints or concerns regarding these Terms and/or your ticket then please contact us via the “Contact Us” section of the Website.