Children’s Critical Care Appeal
£173,777.00 raised of £210,000.00 goal
Your support will purchase state-of-the-art equipment to help seriously ill children admitted to Wexham Park Hospital. On average 10 children in need of critical care are admitted every week, with problems ranging from breathing difficulties to cancer and critical injuries. Please help them to get better soon.
Supporting children in need of critical care at your local hospital
The charity has launched this appeal to raise funds for the latest state-of-the-art technical equipment and monitoring systems. This will enable doctors and nurses to give the best possible care to very sick children in the hospital.
10 children with serious illnesses are admitted to your local hospital every week
The equipment that you can help to provide for the children includes:
- The latest equipment to assist children with breathing difficulties
- Portable ventilators to stabilise very seriously ill children either while they are waiting to be transferred to an Intensive Care Unit or when they are taken to radiology for investigations
- Monitors that give a rich display of a child’s vital signs
- A portable ultrasound scanner to quickly and painlessly perform internal assessments
- A mobile computer that can be wheeled to the patient’s bedside to show x-rays, scans and blood results.
The charity will also provide age appropriate toys along with entertainment and distraction items for the children while they are in hospital.
The hospital is funding the development of a new 5 bed Children’s critical care unit which will house this equipment and include some parent accommodation to keep families closer together at an incredibly difficult time.
Any funds raised over and above the target set will be used for the Children’s Critical Care Unit and other children’s services at Wexham Park Hospital.